TWO PAID INTERNSHIPS FOR HUMANITIES STUDENTS!
We are excited to announce two HTLC internships to help Humanities students enhance their education by gaining experiential learning outside of the classroom.
These 6-month paid work terms will allow the interns to gain hands-on experience by working closely on a research project that focuses on the study and design of new Humanities courses.
The Faculty of Humanities seeks two Undergraduate Research Assistants to work as student partners on a research project investigating teaching, learning, and the student experience in Humanities courses. The research project is a longitudinal study of design and outcomes of the new Humanities courses 1QU3, 1VV3, 3CL3, 3CL3, 3LM3, 4LM3. The RAs will have the opportunity to develop skills that would be relevant for a career in education, health, government, or the non-profit sector, while contributing to ongoing advances in undergraduate education at McMaster.
Rate of Pay:
$12.00/hour (10 hours/week)
Number of Positions:
Employment Start Date:
November 18, 2015
Employment End Date:
April 30, 2016
Applicants must be registered in a Humanities program
- An interest in teaching, learning, and education.
- Good knowledge of library and database tools.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn new software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organization skills and the ability to work independently.
- Experience or training in research methods is an asset but not required.
- Locate, read and summarize relevant academic books and papers
- Design and implement computer-based surveys
- Conduct interviews and focus groups
- Transcribe and code interview and focus group data
How to Apply: Email a cover letter (addressed to Dr. Catherine Anderson) and resume (with the subject line, ‘Research Assistant Application’) to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: APPLICATION CLOSED