HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH
WHAT is this event about?
This networking event is to allow you to see the potential in connecting your humanities degree with a career in the field of Human Rights & Justice .
WHO are the guests?
We have invited a wide range of professionals from different areas of Human Rights & Justice:
- Inquiry Analyst – Jacquelin Pegg from the Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Human Rights Lawyer – Wade Poziomka from Ross & McBride LLP
- HR Administrator – Nancy Semkin from MSF
- VP Community Relations – Grace Diffey from the Hamilton Community Foundation
- Public Educator – Erin Crickett from the Sexual Assault Centre Hamilton
- Director of Non-Profit Organization – Tom Cooper from the Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction
WHO can come to this event?
If you are thinking about pursuing a career in Human Rights & Justice or if you haven’t thought about it at all and want to begin to explore, we invite you to attend! Bottom line: If you are a Humanities student, in ANY program, in ANY level, then this event is for YOU.
WHY should you attend?
Showing up is the first step and by doing so, you’ve already accomplished something! Our guests are eager to share their stories (both successful and non-successful) about their professional life which will hope to inspire you to see the world of possibilities for your career.They will also tell you how the experiences that you gain and the people that you meet during university will ultimately help you to create your own career success. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet and talk one on one with our special guests!
Also, there will be FREE BREAKFAST! Who wouldn’t want that?
The dress code is business casual so come dressed to impress!
This is a FREE event you won’t want to miss! Register on OSCARplus or email email@example.com today!
*Space is limited. We strong urge students to register early to reserve a seat*